UNI BLOCK FIX is a semi premix high quality mortar for jointing and bonding of all types of bricks like AAC Blocks, CLC Blocks, Concrete Blocks, Hollow Blocks, Clay Bricks and Fly- Ash Bricks. UNI BLOCK FIX consists of specialized polymers, Cement , graded sand and other material which combine to give superior strength, water retention and stability. It replaces the conventional method and material of jointing mortar which requires a 12-18 mm thickness with a revolutionary 2-3 mm joint thickness. UNI BLOCK FIX only requires addition of water before application to prepare the product for use, reducing the hassle of measuring and maintaining various individual elements to create a conventional mortar standard specification code followed by ASTM C 1660-09. UNI BLOCK FIX is manufactured at ultramodern set up with strict quality control.
Coating thickness of UNI BLOCK FIX
2-3 mm thickness
|Physical nature||Free flowing and grey in color|
|Water demand for ease in application||25-30 % (by weight)|
|Pot life||Approx. 30 minute|
|Consistency (ease in spread)||170-180 mm*|
*Used 100 mm base cone and standard flow table with no stroke
|Splitting tensile strength (to measure the adhesion between two AAC blocks as per ASTM method)||≥0.34 N/mm2|
|Compressive strength of mortar @ 28 days||≥ 5 N/mm2|
|Maximum particle size||1 mm|
|Workability using standard flow table||170-180 mm with 28 % of water at 27°C|
|Silt content in sand||< 1.0|
|Bulk density||1650-1700 Kg/m3 (in standard testing conditions)|
Mixing and Application of UNI BLOCK FIX
- Start the first layer on floor using normal sand – cement mortar due to undulation in level of floor.
- Lay the blocks of first layer with proper levelling using sprit level, water tube, and other levelling tools.
- Once first layer is set, now start second layer using UNI BLOCK FIX mortar
- For mixing, mix UNI BLOCK FIX with 25-30 % of water by weight or take water 1 and ½ ratio by volume.
- Mix first for 5-10 minutes by hand of electrical mixer to mix homogeneously.
- Allow mortar to stand for next 5 minutes so that additives may react with water.
- Mix again for 2-3 minutes. Now UNI BLOCK FIX is ready to use.
- Before application clean the surface of blocks so that they are free from any dust.
- Wet the jointing surfaces of blocks before applying mortar if necessary.
- Spread the mortar on all sides of block in such a way to maintain the bond thickness 2-3 mm. Use toothed trowel to spread the mortar over blocks.
- Use sprit level and fiber/rubber hammer to remove any air gaps in between blocks for proper jointing & alignment.
- Do not disturb the wall after application of mortar for at least 24 hours. The setting time is affected by climatic conditions, allow stand along time accordingly.
Precautions for UNI BLOCK FIX
- For first course of block laying, use cement-sand mortar in the ratio of 1:5 or equivalent. Check for perfect levelling of block course using sprit level. Give sufficient time to hard the joint in first course. Block once set must not be disturbed.
- After 1.2 meter, horizontal reinforced bond beam is recommended to provide strength and stability to wall and protection from cracks.
- In columns, hacking must be done followed with jointing of blocks with normal sand-cement plaster.
- Chicken mesh is recommended to use in concrete-AAC joints at corners, electrical junction boxes and conduiting slots.
- Do not disturb the blocks once laid otherwise jointing of blocks will not be there.
- Maintain proper consistency of mix for proper adhesion.
- Preferably do mixing using high speed agitator.
- For jointing of two blocks, it is recommended to apply on jointing surfaces of both blocks.
Recommended tools for UNI BLOCK FIX application for Better performance
Disclaimer: Information on this datasheet is to be treated as guideline for usage. Users are advised to undertake a trial for product suitability prior to it’s full scale usage. There is no express or implied guaranty/warranty for the results. The company is not liable for any consequential damages.